Amanda Mustard is an independent photojournalist and filmmaker based between Bangkok, Thailand and Pennsylvania, USA.
She is currently accepting assignments and project collaborations in Asia.
Mustard has contributed work to clients such as Associated Press, New York Times, Outside Magazine, Monocle, National Geographic PROOF, Le Monde, Al Jazeera, WIRED, Bloomberg, The Smithsonian, Ritz Carlton, Chrysler, Facebook, Colgate, GAVI, amongst others.
Mustard is an advisor for the Photography Ethics Center. Previously, she was a board member and exhibition curator of the Foreign Correspondents Club in Thailand, served four years on the Frontline Freelance Register board, and was a member of the Makeshift Magazine editorial board, an independent quarterly magazine about grassroots innovation around the globe. She is an advocate for the protection and sustainability of the freelance community and gender equality in the media industry.
Mustard is currently directing her first feature length documentary about the intergenerational implications of childhood sexual abuse.
- IDFA Forum 2019 (Selected, 2019)
- The Whickers Film & TV Funding Award (Winner, 2019)
- Marilyn Stafford Fotoreportage Award (Honorable Mention, 2018)
- Women Photograph + ONA Grant (Shortlist, 2017)
- Marilyn Stafford Fotoreportage Award (Shortlist, 2017)
- Joop Swart Masterclass (Selected, 2016)
- PDN 30 Under 30 (Selected, 2015)
- Wallis Annenberg Prize (Finalist Recipient, 2015)
- 30 Under 30 Women Photographers (Selected, 2014)
- New York Times Portfolio Review (Selected, 2013)
- Eddie Adams Workshop XXVI (Selected, 2013)
- IPA Deeper Perspective Award (Honorable Mention, 2012)
- [FRAMED] Award, Best Documentary Photographer (Nominee, 2012)
- PDN: The Shot (First Place, 2011)
Interviews / Articles
- Feature Shoot: A Young Photojournalist on Life in Cairo
- TIME Lightbox: Thailand's Luk Thep Culture
- World Press Photo: Impact of Predators on Gender Diversity
- Newsweek: Women Journalists on Sexual Harassment
- National Geographic PROOF: Finding Respite Among Cairo's Pigeon Fanciers
- The Photo Brigade: In My Bag
- Verve Photo: Cheng Yun
- Petapixel: First Person View via GoPro into Protests in Egypt
- Columbia Visuals: How to Cover a Protest
- Tooth And Nail Solo Exhibition, Foreign Correspondents Club in Thailand (2019)
- Marilyn Stafford Fotoaward Exhibition, After Nyne Gallery, London (2019)
- #girlgaze: How Girls See The World - Book (2017)
- Angkor Photo Festival, Siem Reap (2016)
- Girl Gaze Exhibition at Annenberg Space for Photography (2016)
- 'Emerging' Exhibition, Annenberg Gallery, LA, USA (2015)
- FRAME X FRAME Exhibition & Auction (2015)
- 'Postcards Home' Solo Exhibition in Harrisburg, USA (2014)
- FFR at Prix Bayeux-Calvados, Le Radar Espace d’Art Actuel, Normandie (2013)