Amanda Mustard (b.1990) is an independent photojournalist based in Bangkok, Thailand. Raised on a Christmas tree farm in Pennsylvania, she left a promising future as a marimbist to move to the Middle East to become a visual journalist.
Mustard is a founding member of the Koan Collective, and Frontline Freelance Register board member. She is on the board of the Foreign Correspondents Club in Thailand, where she is the exhibition curator. Until it's 2016 close, she was also a member of the Makeshift Magazine editorial board, an independent quarterly magazine about grassroots creativity and invention around the world.
She has received combat medical training through RISC. Mustard is an advocate for the protection and sustainability of the freelance community and gender equality in the media industry.
Mustard has contributed work to clients and publications such as Associated Press, New York Times, Monocle, TIME, National Geographic, Al Jazeera, Airbnb, Buzzfeed, GEO, Mashable, Chrysler, Telegraph, VICE, Mondelēz International, Christian Science Monitor, amongst others.
- Joop Swart Masterclass (Selected, 2016)
- PDN 30 Under 30 (Selected, 2015)
- Wallis Annenberg Prize (Finalist Recipient, 2015)
- 30 Under 30 Women Photographers (Selected, 2014)
- New York Times Portfolio Review (Attendant, 2013)
- Eddie Adams Workshop XXVI (Attendant, 2013)
- IPA Deeper Perspective Award (Honorable Mention, 2012)
- [FRAMED] Award, Best Documentary Photographer (Nominee, 2012)
- PDN: The Shot (First Place, 2011)
- Feature Shoot: A Young Photojournalist on Life in Cairo
- TIME Lightbox: Thailand's Luk Thep Culture
- Newsweek: Women Journalists on Sexual Harassment
- National Geographic PROOF: Finding Respite Among Cairo's Pigeon Fanciers
- The Photo Brigade: In My Bag
- Verve Photo: Cheng Yun
- Petapixel: First Person View via GoPro into Protests in Egypt
- Columbia Visuals: How to Cover a Protest
- Angkor Photo Festival, Siem Reap (2016)
- Girl Gaze Exhibition at Annenberg Space for Photography (2016)
- 'Emerging' Exhibition, Annenberg Gallery, LA, USA (2015)
- FRAME X FRAME Exhibition & Auction (2015)
- 'Postcards Home' Solo Exhibition in Pennsylvania, USA (2014)
- FFR at Prix Bayeux-Calvados, Le Radar Espace d’Art Actuel, Normandie (2013)
[Photo by Shana Cutler]